LBMA Associate


Coins with a nominal value are minted in minting plants, and in some cases ingots are also cast. There are both state mints as the British Royal Mint or the US Mint in the USA, as well as private mints as the Perth Mint in Australia. While the Royal Mint does not produce ingots for private use, the Royal Canadian Mint does. The Perth Mint in turn produces bars and coins, but only coins for investment purposes, which are not used as circulation coins.